The Greek Gods® Fig Yogurt Pound Cake
From Greek Gods | Desserts
This delicious recipe is courtesy of Amie Valpone, culinary nutritionist and author of The Healthy Apple.
High cal Calories 494kcal
High fat Total Fat 19g
High sat-fat Saturated Fat 11g
High chol Cholesterol 109mg
sodium Sodium 376mg
High carbs Total Carbohydrate 75g
Serving size 146g Calories from fat 173kcal Fiber 3g Protein 7g Sugar 50g
8 ounces butter
2 tablespoons grapefruit zest
2 tablespoons lemon zest
16 ounces sugar
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
8 ounces whole wheat flour
12 ounces cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoons salt
4 large eggs
8 ounces The Greek Gods® Fig Greek-Style Yogurt
Additional The Greek Gods® Fig Greek-Style Yogurt
Fresh mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Spray a Bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray and flour.
- In a medium bowl, combine butter, zests, vanilla and sugar for about 10 minutes.
- Add baking powder and salt.
- Add flours, eggs and The Greek Gods® Fig Greek-Style Yogurt.
- Mix well to ensure smooth, thick batter.
- Transfer batter into prepared Bundt pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove cake from oven; set aside to cool for 45 minutes before removing the Bundt pan.
- Cool completely.
- Serve with an additional dollop of The Greek Gods® brand Fig Yogurt, fresh mint leaves and dried cherries.
- 1 cup = 8 ounces
- 3/4 cup = 6 ounces
- 2/3 cup = 5 1/3 ounces
- 1/2 cup = 4 ounces
- 1/3 cup = 2 2/3 ounces
- 1/4 cup = 2 ounces