Skip to content
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 cups Plain Traditional or Nonfat Plain Greek Gods Yogurt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten, for brushing tops of bagels
- Toppings of choice (everything bagel seasoning, sesame seeds, etc.)
- Cream cheese, softened
- 6-8oz sliced smoked salmon or lox
- 2tbsp. capers, drained
- Sliced tomatoes
- Sliced red onions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, combine flour and yogurt until a dough forms. You may need to add more flour depending on the yogurt used, as it may be quite sticky.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface for several minutes, adding flour as needed.
- Separate dough into 8 balls, then make a hole in the center of each one with your thumb.
- Stretch each ball of dough with your hands to make bagel shapes.
- Brush tops of bagels with egg, then add toppings.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until tops have browned.
- Remove the bagels from the oven, let it cool.
- Cut the bagels in half and toast (optional) then spread both sides with cream cheese
- Top with sliced smoked salmon
- Add caper, sliced tomatoes and sliced red onions.